Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Sunday, 24 November 2013

a much needed break...

Sometimes it only takes a couple of days of being away from real life to re-energize and re-motivate. Steve and I headed to the states this weekend to get away for a few days and take in a concert. I'm tired right now, but it was so worth it and I feel a new push to get things done and try new things as well! Before I get to sharing some of my new ideas and hopefully new projects soon… I want to relive our weekend with you and share a little gem!

When my friend Bri found out that we were heading to Fargo ND for the weekend, she told me to make sure that I stop in at a little antique shop in Grand Forks on our way, Plain and Fancy Antiques. She said it was amazing, but I had no idea just HOW amazing! They literally had a little bit of everything! A lot of old, a bit of new… some decor, some collectibles… best of all some AMAZING furniture.

How great is this mirror?

Ok, so I took a lot of pictures of the Christmas displays that they had, but I loved how creative they were and how they worked in antiques! Gawd I could have spent hoards of money here! I did take other pictures. Remember I mentioned the amazing furniture?

Just try and tell me that this isn't the most gorgeous thing you have seen today?! Ugh, if only I had thousands of dollars just burning a hole in my pocket.

I was very impressed with Steve's creative side as well! He noticed this little yellow cabinet and right away said…"how cool would this be if you put little hooks inside and hung it on the wall for keys etc." (I think i'm starting to rub off on him)!

Now the next picture is one of my favourites and anyone around that was listening may have thought I was a touch crazy when I saw them… I believe the noises that came out of my mouth were a little…. misleading potentially?? Anywho, after the noises left my mouth, I did manage to tell Steve that when we do move into a house, we will be coming back and buying up each and every one of these bed frames. I have put my foot down.

Now this post is getting a little carried away. We did do there things this weekend other than stop in and spend hours at an antique store. We left a lot of money in stores in exchange for goods and we also ate…a lot… of junk… my stomach is still recuperating! Our main reason for heading down to Fargo though, was to go to see Randy Houser and Justin Moore. It was all we had hoped for! Randy and Justin definitely lived up to our high hopes… I will post more on how much I love them another time ;)

I'm so glad that we were able to get away for a weekend and free ourselves from much responsibility. I had a great time just the two of us. I wish we could make it a monthly event, but we have to get back to work to pay for everything we bought… bah. I hope your weekend was just as eventful!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment