Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

christmas goodies....

I am so full... still. Last night three of my girlfriends and I did a bake exchange. We each made three dozen of some sort of delectable goodness and then received 3 dozen of more delectable goodness. In other words, I made three dozen treats and handed each girl one dozen and they each handed me a dozen so that I had three dozen of a different kind... get it? It is truly glorious... and I will be hiding it all from Steve! This is the gloriousness that I made:

Yes Steve was mad at me for giving it away, but in return we got some pretty glorious looking goodies too! I can only tell you how I made mine however. The popcorn recipe I found on Pinterest (of course!!) and the other my mom got out of an old magazine and has stashed in her "christmas" baking folder at home. My mom is a fabulous baker and I can't wait to try out more of her treats. Here is the popcorn recipe if you are at all interested (and you should be because it's absolutely amazingly delectable, for real). As for the other... they are called Toffee Bits Triangles and you make them like this:

Ingredients:

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 cup of packed light brown sugar

1tsp vanilla

1 egg yolk

2 cups of all purpose flour

1 1/4 cup of skor toffee bits

2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preparation:

Heat oven to 350F. Line a 15.5x10.5" rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla until creamy. Stir in flour and 1 cup of toffee bits until well combined. Press dough evenly into prepared baking sheet. bake for 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot cookie base. Let it stand for 5 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Spread chocolate evenly over the base, then sprinkle remaining toffee bits evenly over the chocolate. Cool until chocolate is set, about 2 to 3 hours. Cut into 3" squares. Cut each square diagonally to make 4 triangles. ENJOY!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment