Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Monday, 9 December 2013

one piece two looks

This bedroom was a tough one to design for me. It took me a rather long time... like three hours long. Like sitting in front of the TV watching "The Santa Clause" long. Ok I might have been a bit distracted.

Getting back to the task at hand, I started the bedroom off with the "Los Angeles" print from Rifle Paper Co. I love everything they sell, but for some reason the colors in this print really caught my eye. Oh and then... THEN I found the chair. How perfect is the chair?!!? It's a great find from Chairish. They have such a wide selection of anything and everything that you could think of that you might want to sit on. After the chair, came the credenza... I mean dresser. I knew once I saw the dresser that it would make a beautiful credenza for a dining room. Thus came look two...

print/light/pillow/chair/rug/pillow/wishbone/pillow/bed/stool/quilt/planter/dresser/sconce/antlers

Look two has quite a different feel to it. Eclectic? I obviously started off with the credenza and knew that I wanted to pair it with an eames chair. I love these chairs and really hope to own a few of my own someday! For now though, i'll just stare away and hope to win the lottery. After finding the reclaimed wood table, I knew the room needed a few pops of color and that's when I found the rug...gorgeous right? The perfect pops of color without being too splashy. That's right, I said splashy. I think a bit of my grandmother just came out in me there!

chair/rug1/rug2/eames/chandelier/dinnerware/serving set/credenza/table
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment