Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

a little brick...and a little black....

In our new home, which we move into in two days... AHHHHHHHH!!!!! There is no real dining room, HOWEVER... the living room is very very large. SO, my thought is...split it up. I really want a large dining table, and I do believe there will be enough room in that large living room for a large dining table off to the side. I am on Pinterest like crazy right now and have found some amazing dining rooms that back onto a living room... or dining rooms period!

Now, I do not have a brick wall in my living room ... but maybe i could diy something up... and by me I mean Steve. It's so freakin gorgeous, and rustic, and.........gorgeous!

I have already shown Steve this beautiful room, and his favorite part is that table! My favorite part is that black wall. Somewhere in my house there will be a black wall!

The drapes behind this table are absolutely gorgeous. They add such a softness to a large loft space. I think what drew me to this photo the most is that this is basically the exact sofa that I want to purchase. It gives me hope that the furniture that I have been looking at might just work in our space and I might just be able to do what I have been hoping to do!

This room is a touch too formal for my taste, but I do love the contrast going on... it's formal and yet simple. The understated chairs and the rustic table bring down the elegance and make it comfortable. It's really a gorgeous and well thought out space. As will be mine someday! You'll see ;)

1.2.3.4
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment