I am going to try a new series of posts... gallery wall ideas. We have a lot of blank walls in our home, and I would really love to fill a few of them with fun gallery walls! I think my very favorite galleries are those that do not just include prints... I love the depth and character that different materials and objects can give to gallery walls. Each piece on this wall gives me goosebumps because it's just so damn exciting to look at! Wouldn't you agree?! Buffalo Print**X-Ray Skull**Ask More Questions**Be Awesome**Sunset**Tapestry**Wooden Arrow**Antlers*You Are Here**Bloom Print
Sunday, 30 November 2014
Friday, 28 November 2014
Sunday, 23 November 2014
This room is brilliant. First of all, I would love to know what color is on that table… why have a I never thought about using peach before? See, this is what I love about Pinterest… it shows you things that you may never have ever thought about before. Now lets get back to this room. Peach table, mustard pillows and throw. A seemingly strange combination but it works! Then why not throw in an animal skin rug. The best part? When you say all of those things together… peach, mustard, animal skin… they all sound ridiculous together. Design… it's about taking risks right?! It's about trying new things and finding out that they truly work.. even more? It's about how it makes you feel. This room makes me feel inspired and really happy. I would love walking into this room every day!
Remember when you were little and you'd get the Sears Wish Book?! If you were anything like me, you'd write down a list for your parents, with page numbers and item numbers listed very clearly. I don't know how many things I ever actually got?! But here is my ode to the Sears Wish Book…
1. Comfiest pants ever? So I have been told... I'd really like to know for myself!! *wink wink*
2. I love this pattern, seems to be everywhere lately! Would love to have it in my hand!
3. I have wanted to read this book for a looong time now! I've heard so many good things about it, but do you think I can ever find it?!
4. These sunnys... YES PLEASE. That is all.
5. Manitobah Mukluks... it's a staple around here really.. on those -40C days... it helps to have slippers you can wear outside ;)
6. I am really hoping Steve can make us a dining table before Christmas, and these are the chairs I would love to put around that table... I have wanted them for a LONG time!
7. A new hobby... why not?!
8. Our bedroom needs more light... I think I have convinced Steve that these are a good idea!
9. Another pillow? ALWAYS.. emerald velvet? How can I not?!
10. Ok, so another one? yes.. I need a mustard pillow... yes Steve, you heard me right.. need... another... pillow..
11. And yes Steve, I need... another... pair... of shoes!!! Ok but for real these can go with anything!!! (size 8 please!)
So, which do you prefer? The rustic feel of the dresser? or the funky feel of the sideboard?
Thursday, 20 November 2014
Alright people... I wrote this post in the middle of October.. and it is now the middle of November. What have I gotten accomplished? Not a whole lot! I had a major FAIL with painting the trim and then I guess I just got very discouraged.. and busy.. but I am determined to no longer let either of those be an excuse! So, for the end of November, this is my plan for our bedroom:
1. Finish the trim in the bedroom, all of it.
2. Make headboard
3. Decide what to do for night stands
I am making this list a little bit shorter and a little bit more realistic! If I can't finish all this... then I will hole up in this house for the entire month of December, become a hermit and finish it then ;)
Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Doesn't this space just make you want to sit down and eat a giant platter of nachos? No? Just me? I think I need food… I believe i'm getting hangry!
Tuesday, 18 November 2014
Sunday, 2 November 2014
Gorgeous, right?! Check out all his portfolio here… you will NOT be sorry!