Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Thursday, 29 January 2015

update...

It has been awhile since I have given any sort of update on how our home is coming along... probably because progress is slow. But we are not going anywhere anytime soon (moving I mean!) so slow and steady works for us. I thought you might like to see a little update of what we HAVE done because we have done a lot, just haven't been able to finish any one room!
Let's start in the living room. Here is what it looked like the last time you saw it...

We didn't even have a sofa... That seems like so long ago! Well, I have good news.. we have a place where we can both sit now! I no longer have to sit on Steve's lap in the rocking chair while watching the TV on the floor. Here's where we are at now...

It's not even close to being done, but we're working on it! The curtains have got to go and I have new ones sitting in the wings but they need to be hemmed and I would like to move the curtain rods up and paint them too! The list for this room is long. I cannot WAIT to get a coffee table, and or make one. I'd like another couple of chairs besides the rocking chair, but I am not entirely sure the layout will work with that. The sofa needs to be moved back against the wall, and I want to try my hand at some sort of pipe shelving unit for the wall behind the sofa eventually. The TV needs to go up on the wall (but i'd like to paint first!) and then I want to frame the TV in a gallery wall! I think the biggest thing in this room right now is that there are no real touches of "us". We have nothing hanging on the walls, all our decorative accents are still in boxes. I think my main issue with this room is I am having a really hard time trying to decide what to do for a wall color. Do I keep it simple and clean and white? Or do I give some character and try a color? Do I paint all the walls the same color? UGH... I find it so much easier telling someone else what they should do to their home, but when it comes to my own, I have too many ideas and too many thoughts! What do you think? Should I stick with the color scheme I had thought about here? Would love your feedback!

Next week i'll give you a peak into the bedroom... It's at least painted!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment