Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Sunday, 22 February 2015

hello...to a new entry!

Confession: I may have forgotten about sharing our entry way with you! The important thing is that I remembered...eventually!
I love having an entry way, a separate place where sand, dirt and water can all stay once it is dragged inside on shoes and coats! However, we had ZERO storage in this entry way. Nothing. Not even a nail in the wall. We were hanging our coats on the banister and leaving my shoes in the middle of the floor when I walked in was driving Steve BONKERS! So, it is no real surprise that one of the first rooms that we had to get done was the entry. It's not perfect, yet, but it's so much more functional!
Here is the before:

See? Nothing... Nada... Zero storage. And now???

I wish I could explain to you the excitement that I felt when I had a place to hang my coat! There still isn't much for shoe storage, but we have an idea, we just have to execute it! However, I have a lot of flats and sandals, and they fit super well under the bench in the one bin. The other is holding our toques and mitts for now! It will likely hold more sandals come summer time! The top coat rack is for Steve's hats, as it's a little high for coats, but he has a lot of hats so it works well! The bench.. it's sooo simple and just fabulous. I love having a spot to be able sit while I pile on the winter gear! All in all, it's very functional for us for now and frankly, it's a thousand times better than it was before! Don't you agree? What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment