Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Sunday, 1 March 2015

wanna stay awhile?

I've been thinking a lot about our guest rooms lately... we have two currently, and they were both just sort of thrown together with leftover furniture. Some of it is beautiful furniture, don't get me wrong, but there isn't really a style to either room. I picture a guest room to be fresh, inviting and have all the necessities that one might need to feel comfortable and at home... here's a rather eclectic version for you...

Confession... this post actually started out as a "what's not to love" post. I found the dresser and geometric pillow on Etsy and then... well... it appeared to go really well together so a guest bedroom it became.
I picture bright white walls in this room, no clutter, and only one piece of artwork on the walls to let the beautiful pieces of furniture speak for themselves!
The artwork is by far my favorite piece in this room. It's done by a local artist whom I love. She is extremely talented and her work is seen more and more throughout the world. I have a few pieces of her's in my home too!
The copper pendant? I am beyond tempted to purchase for our own bedroom.. so gorgeous, and they add a beautiful warmth to the entire room. Would you want to spend the night here?

bedframe**pendant**OH CANADA**geometric pillow**oslo pillow**mirror**nightstand**dresser**bedding

No comments:

Post a Comment