Prairie Days Design

loving your home one prairie day at a time.

Friday, 9 October 2015

a little look alike...

Happy Friday! This week has been a bit crazy for us. It's really starting to feel like fall around here, and the days seem to be getting shorter, literally and figuratively. The sun isn't sticking around and it feels like we get nothing done in the evenings! We have accomplished a few things in the kitchen, and I'll catch you up on that next week. It's really starting to look more complete now!
Steve and I are hosting thanksgiving for my side of the family this weekend, and I am really looking forward to it! It'll be our first big get together since having a functioning kitchen! I am heading to my mom's tonight to make a few pies as I really want to carry on the tradition... my grandma ALWAYS made pies. Thursday night dinner? Sure, lets make three pies. I may never get to that point, but I definitely want to keep the tradition alive for special occasions! Next I'll have to learn how to make her special birthday cake....that one might take a little bit more practice!

Anyway, on this Friday before a long weekend, I thought I would share with you a little look alike... as it's been awhile!
I am currently in love with paint techniques. I love only painting portions of walls, or painting shapes etc. and so when I saw this paint carried up the wall onto the ceiling and sort of acting as an extended head board, I fell in love. I love the basic backdrop that this room has with splashes of colors in all the accents. It's such a simple design but it has a big impact. I am really hoping that kilim never goes out of style either, because by the time I can afford a beautiful kilim rug, it might just be!

Now without further adieu, here is the their version...

and here is mine.....

**bed**curtains**rug**pillow**sconce**bench**side table**

Happy Turkey eating!! And if you are anything like Steve, you will be laying on the couch regretting that third helping in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment